Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
If your email has truncated or is mis-formatting this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
* ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first.
- Physical Claim for Punks Comic #1 will open up this week (Pixel Vault)
- Punks Comic Mint Pass #2 launch will be coming in the next few weeks (Pixel Vault)
- BYO releasing BYO Ships on 3/10
- BTC back above $45k – The Dip Has Been Bought
- NFTs are More than Just Digital Art
- Dolly Parton Dropping an NFT (meanwhile Snoop and Gary Vee have + $95 Million each in NFTs)
- How to Survive an NFT Dip
Music NFT Beat
Updated Wednesdays by Angel Blue – See latest at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/the-music-nft-beat-updated-wednesdays/
Hi! Angel Blue here bringing to you the Music NFT beat!
This week in music NFTs, Warpsound announced their remix collaboration with Audius with a total of 9 Judges including PVRIS, Von Mises, Young Guru and many more (some that have yet to be announced). You can use your own stems or use some of Warpsounds. Another amazing roadmap item. Once again Warpsound delivering to the community.
Our REMIX CONTEST is ON + anyone can enter using your own WVRP stems or some of ours:https://t.co/h3hndCJrGw
☑️Awesome music incoming
— WarpSound ☆ WVRPS (@warpsound_ai) February 23, 2022
- Formless.xyz created by Brandon Tory, announced they received a grant from the Polygon Ecosystem DAO to launch their decentralized distribution protocol and platform SHARE. SHARE is a protocol that enables creators to make orders of magnitude more money for their digital content by eliminating the dependence on centralized streaming machines (for example Apple,Spotify and YouTube). This is a massive step in the Music NFT space, as we know artists get less than a penny for what they are creating. We all appreciate what Brandon is bringing to Music NFTs and web 3 to help empower musicians. https://www.formless.xyz/share | https://twitter.com/formless_xyz |
- Deathbats club the project lead by M.Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold launched their new website and features like tablet/wallet redemptions and gamification are coming soon. Love seeing bands and artists are grew up with helping mould the way music will be for the future
— Deathbats Club (@DeathbatsClub) February 23, 2022
- 3Q have introduced a very Rare composer Ed cube to their collection. 3Q is a project of 3D animated, Audio driven, Generative NFT collectibles. the first project of its kind, each 3Q collectible acts as your key to the 3Q ecosystem in which music,design and innovation beat a path towards connectivity,scarcity and reward. The roadmap on their website is incredible, there is 6 rarities common,uncommon,rare,very rare,legendary,ultimate. It truly is a beautiful art project. https://3q.club | https://twitter.com/3qCollectibles
- A new project to keep an eye out for is Phonons by Kor3design = 1 song , 7 collectible stems, each capable of 5 interchangeable variants. Released on Async Art https://twitter.com/Kor3design
Coming exclusively to #AsyncArt TOMORROW, Tuesday, March 1!
> 1 song…
> 7 collectible stems…
> Each capable of 5 interchangeable variants 🔥🔥🔥
LET'S GO 💥 pic.twitter.com/kMQwUpcwJU
— Async Art (@AsyncArt) February 28, 2022
- Triptclip love just released Track Pool- a place where you can submit your tracks for their visual artists to pick up and create something epic.I myself as a musician will look into creating something like this. Really enjoy what they do
Hey #MusicNFT artist! 👋
Need cool visuals for your music? 🎇
We just launched Track Pool – a place where you can submit your tracks for our visual artists to pick up and create something epic for you!
Submit here: https://t.co/apgUm50XwN
Or drop your questions below 👇 pic.twitter.com/9rsz7KMfRg
— Triptcip (@triptcip) February 22, 2022
Bitlectro Labs Topical Tuesday Spaces
TOMORROW is 🌴 TOPICAL TUESDAY 🌴 with @NFTBUZZ.
— Dreamlands (@DreamlandsIO) March 1, 2022
Rug Radio WVPRd Music Mondays
Vagobond’s New Acquisitions
You can find my NFT buying methodology and more at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
- I’m not buying anything at the moment while I attempt to mentally chart where the NFT market and world is going. My focus is currently on the projects I already own with an emphasis on Music, Travel, and Literary NFTs. That being said – I will probably be getting some free project drops from time to time or adding to my holdings of ecosystems I’m currently in.
- Pepapes #37 (free drop) https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0x14ec1c66f37acfb7466651ea15d21582ee6f9098/37
My Chip List Top 5’s Today
(Feel free to disagree) – this list will change daily based on my own hype and holdings. To get the latest news on all of these and my more permanent lists go to https://vagobond.com/my-bag-of-nft-chips-blue-red-white/
- Pixel Vault/Punks Comic/Metahero
- On Chain Monkeys
- Degen Toonz
- Valiant Comics
- Peaceful Groupies
- Moons of Mars
- Influence Asteroids
- Non-Fungible Heroes
- Danger Islands / Lazer Defi
- Battle Maneki
NFT & Metaverse Religion & Sprituality
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism Bald Jesus – BJ is Your Bro
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.05 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
I periodically move all of this to the NFT 101 page on Vagobond.com https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
Moonlings – Metahero derivitive project by PVFD – https://discord.gg/cXjPutEu4h
Great Projects I’m Not In or Following:
aka projects I missed and am salty about. There are too many – see the whole list at:
Missed in February: Generative Dungeons, Heroes, Mfers , Dented Feels
Tokens & Staking
These are the tokens and crypto/defi projects that NFTs have led me to. Bizarre when you think about it. See the full list at here
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
Newly Buried: See the huge full list at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/nft-project-graveyard/
Daily Features – Just click on the image to read the latest