Got a scoop or want to join us? Reach out to me via DMs on Twitter or in the Vagobond Discord.
If your email has truncated this briefing – see the entire briefing at https://vagobond.com/
We’re really early and as such many of us are still really idealistic. We still think that if we work for a project, support it, and become a part of the community then that project will take care of us – but there is no guarantee of that – which is what Huxley minnows found out yesterday when Huxley did a cash-grabby stealth mint that let whales grab forty issues each in a huge gas war and then triple the price for those who couldn’t pay huge gas or who were in different time zones. It was a shitty move and unfortunately, not uncommon. This space is filled with idealists and utopians -but most of the biggest projects in NFTs are run by business people – the same kind who forced your uncle to retire early at a 50% pension to save the company’s bottom line. No loyalty to employees or community – just to dollars.
DAOs hold a lot of promise to right the way things happen, but as we move forward, governance is going to be a huge issue. Democracy is messy and frankly, it doesn’t work unless exactly the right people are involved and there are less than five of them. We are going to need to adapt and find new representative systems – the key is holding representatives accountable and implementing instant recall.
Huxley isn’t the only project to screw supporters and maybe they will make good to their community – but one thing for sure, they won’t be the last to do it. Every day we see hard rugs, soft rugs, and straight up scammy motherfuckers pulling this stuff. The worst scammers aren’t the blatant ones, they are the ones that build up your trust, groom you into spending, and then slowly fade into the night leaving you to weep over your empty wallets. Be careful out there. There are a lot of really good people in NFTs and crypto – and that makes it kind of easy for some really bad ones to hide amongst us and set us up.
Moving forward, use the old carpenter’s adage when evaluating projects ‘Measure twice, cut once’ or in terms of blockchain projects ‘Evaluate twice, invest once’. Happy March everyone!
* ALPHA * – The Vagobond Discord is one of the best free alpha servers around. You might see it in this briefing, but you’ll definitely see it in the Alpha channel of our discord first.
- Ebay Considering Crypto Payments, Claims to Sell NFTs (which is strange because I’ve recently tried to sell NFTs on Ebay and been denied)
- Crypto Revolution is Existential Crisis for Video Games
- Gig Workers Cashing in on NFT Boom
- Top 10 NFT Marketplaces You Should Know in 2022
- NFTs are Evolving and Mainstreet is Paying Attention
- This is a great thread that touches on a lot of news and current events:
I believe crypto markets, especially Btc and Eth, made a breakthrough this week, and that we are at the start of a March bull run.
— risicare.eth (@risicare_eth) March 1, 2022
Voyager Comics Consulting, a Valiant Entertainment company, is proud to announce a partnership with @boredApeCOMIC!
Stay tuned for more details to be revealed soon, you won't want to miss out! pic.twitter.com/4Go56TpRkX
— Valiant.NFT (@ValiantNFT) February 25, 2022
- Idols Turn Rivals Game – https://www.moonsofmars.xyz/games/idols-turn-rivals-hoops
- pfp/avatars released to Renegade holders. Game coming in 1-2 weeks.
Hope the #Renegades are getting their practice shots up! These might not count on paper, but every rep counts.
— moonsofmarsxyz (@moonsofmarsxyz) February 28, 2022
Influence Asteroids – https://discord.gg/Y3UsdRXvMQ
Everything about the game: https://wiki.influenceth.io/en/community/content-creators
— Influence (@influenceth) February 28, 2022
Doctor Who, Worlds Apart– https://doctorwho-worldsapart.com/r/2909/ P2E Game and NFT Marketplace – Founders Token sale continues (part 3 is well under way), tokens $1000 each.
Spot The Art Competition✨
We want you to show off your skills by identifying Doctor Who Worlds Apart card art ?
Visit our gallery to find high resolution images of the artworks?https://t.co/GcGBH335RN
— Doctor Who Worlds Apart (@DoctorWhoWA) March 1, 2022
Non-Fungible Heroes/Boring Banana Co. – https://www.nfheroes.io/ Land and token coming soon.
- Beta Game Testing Underway for holders: Official Link to Play: https://iq.nfheroes.io/
- Lore Gallery launched where players can write their characters lore
Just to back up what I've been saying.@NFHeroes will set the bar ?
A lot of people are hyping the wrong projects ?
— Boogie (@gusboogz) February 26, 2022
Nifty League Degens – https://niftyleague.com/ p2e games, avatars, comics, $NFTL
Nifty smashers is one of the best and most fun games out there. And it’s profitable.
You can never change where you came from — but you can change where you are going. ?
Feeling nostalgic about the Mint-O-Matic lately! Can’t wait to see you again ole fren! ?
Meet BOLO’s long-lost cousin… YOLO!
— Nifty League (@NiftyLeague) March 1, 2022
Avax Wolf Game – https://avaxwolfgame.io/ Great team, easy minting and low gas, and always evolving dynamics. I own five sheep, a wolf, and a couple dozen farmers and a couple dozen cows. Cheese and wheat and land coming. Love it.
Danger Islands / Lazer Defi – https://discord.gg/FksWeDWFxe $xBMF token live and can earn by owning Lazer Soda, Bloot, or BlootMF. One of my favorite projects. Lazer Defi has delivered above and beyond everything they’ve said so far.
- Skull Cave mint went really well last week. Top tiers have minted out, still a few common left, but not for long.
Each Skull Cave
Boosts your earnings power
Based on its rarity
Mint your own Skull Cave today: https://t.co/pA6ijk45WT
— Lazer Labs (@LazerLabs) February 28, 2022
2112 – https://www.2112.run
- Going to develop two games: first, an on-chain game that will be released in phases, and in the future, a standalone Videogame.
- On-chain game: an RPG board game-style game that will include token earning, items and land as NFTs. The main activity you will perform in this game is making runs, which represent hack incursions against a server node.
- Standalone game: a procedurally generated puzzle/hacking game What is the Decentralized Narrative System?
- Decentralized Narrative System that will let you propose stories to make them canon in the 2112 Universe
Hyped as hell with my @2112run CryptoRunner reveals ?
Managed to pull a Glitched 1/30 ?
Stoked to see where this project goes, the lore & the world they are creating is fucking insane ? ?
— Hydraze ?☠️ ? (@Hydraze420) February 27, 2022
- The Huxley team pulled a real ‘fuck you’ move on their small OG holders and collectors yesterday. They did a ‘stealth mint’ of Issue 3 that spiked gas and allowed 40 per wallet for whales. People in different timezones or without large amounts of ETH were left out. If I weren’t fairly heavily invested in this project, I would have turned my back on it over this. Totally foreseeable issues and unacceptable treatment of fans. Sold out 10k in 30 minutes.
- That being said – the success of that can’t be denied and the recent release of the theatrical trailer and announcement of the movie is extremely bullish for the project.
??HUXLEY GOES TO HOLLYWOOD??
Ari Arad of Arad Productions and Oscar nominee Jerome Chen to produce the feature film!
— HUXLEY™ (@huxleysaga) February 24, 2022
?Citizens of FURY-7 – ISSUE 3 is SOLD OUT?
However, we hear your concerns about the drop.
— HUXLEY™ (@huxleysaga) February 28, 2022
BYO Game – $TRYP will be a ERC-20 utility/governance token for the BYO Universe.
- Possibly the most exciting upcoming game project with the least hype B.S.
- Total supply of $TRYP will never exceed 270,000,000 and will be unlocked over a predetermined schedule over a period of approximately 72 months from its launch
- $TRYP will be rewarded to Apostles & BYOLand holders via staking over a period of 6 months after TRYP launch.
- A BYOPill is required to stake Apostles.
- You do not need a BYOPill to stake BYOLand.
— BYOPills ? (@BYOPills) February 28, 2022
Satoshiverse – https://www.satoshiverse.io/
- At least these guys post proof they are actually working on the game from time to time
#NFTCommunity are you ready to dive into the Satoshiverse with us?
— ???????????? (@Satoshiverse_io) February 28, 2022
Metahero/Pixel Vault – $POW is the in game currency. Planet DAOs are being formed.
- The AAA game is years off but it seems likely a smaller ‘smasher’ game will launch sometime around summer.
- No real notifications of anything new. GFunk supposed to make an announcement soon about something but has been absent from the past couple of town halls. Planet prices down pretty bad.
Looks Lab https://420.game Launch TBD – presumed heir to Wolf Game tokenomics.
- Glad I took some profits on the early hype with this. Could be a slow burner.
Mighty Manateez – Fun project with comic, video game, $ALGAE token. Saving IRL manatees.
- You can download version 1.0.2 here: https://mightymanateez.itch.io/cybersea
- Q2 2022 1st P2E game trailer & demo release. 1st P2E game NFT drop
- No significant information released in a while
One Day Bae – https://onedaybae.io/
- Alpha test for OG members will be in early March
- Beta version for ticket holders will be in April
- ODB flat world official public launch will be in April
- No recent updates
Raini Lords of Light – https://www.raini.io/the-lords-of-light
- Migrated to Phantom but no word on what exactly this means for ETH card holders or future game play
- No significant updates
Phantom Galaxies – https://phantomgalaxies.com/
- Gameplay continues, planet sale forthcoming, multiple tokenomics at play.
- Episode 2 now available to play
- I will be stopping coverage of PG until I either spend more time playing or find someone who wants to update on it.
Planet Quest – http://www.planetquest.io/
- Second Whitepaper Spotlight AMA is coming, this time hosted on our Twitter Space. Here we will be focusing on Game Economy and will unpack the utility of PlanetQuest’s token ($PQX), its supply and distribution. Join the AMA @ March 7th 3PM CET on our Twitter | https://twitter.com/joinplanetquest
Invaders WTF/ Pixelglyphs – https://www.pixelglyphs.io/ P2E game, ships, DAO
- Star ships https://opensea.io/collection/star-ships-1
- Get planet mint passes: https://invaders.wtf/
- $EL69 https://app.sushi.com/swap?outputCurrency=0xa1ff4ee88b53124b73ee16b315f61623cdacc987
- No new announcements or developments – Mid-March slated for launch
Not Watching and Being Salty About Missing : Wolf Game, Axie Infinity, Ether Orcs, Gala Games, Generative Dungeons
Vagobond’s New Acquisitions
You can find my NFT buying methodology and more at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
- Speaking of Salt…. Huxley #3. I gave up my goal of minting a Human avatar and sold one of my Huxley #2 to buy an Issue #3. The stealth mint fiasco by the team made them a lot of money and cost their biggest fans a lot. I’ve removed them from my Blue Chip top list over this unless they make it right.
- Glitchy Bitches OG Crown https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0xc00c6e95bdd805bebcb32c89683c6b1614ff6664/217
- Cryptorunner #783 (revealed) https://opensea.io/assets/0xd05f71067876a68336c836ae602981728034a84c/783
My Chip List Top 5’s Today
(Feel free to disagree) – this list will change daily based on my own hype and holdings. To get the latest news on all of these and my more permanent lists go to https://vagobond.com/my-bag-of-nft-chips-blue-red-white/
- Pixel Vault/Punks Comic/Metahero
- Degen Toonz
- On Chain Monkeys
- Valiant Comics
- Peaceful Groupies
- Moons of Mars
- Influence Asteroids
- Non-Fungible Heroes
- Danger Islands / Lazer Defi
- Battle Maneki
NFT & Metaverse Religion & Sprituality
The First NFT/Metaverse Religion- Bald Jesusism Bald Jesus – BJ is Your Bro
https://www.baldjesusdrinkingclub.com – Minting Now!- for Bald Jesus Drinking Club
.05 ETH limited to 777 total
Holy Bjble – AB version – Readable on OS! Only .001 ETH on Polygon so no gas
Living Bald Jesusism: Month Three of Twelve https://t.co/4eE2OEi97T
— CD | Vagobond Magazine (@vagobond) February 28, 2022
I periodically move all of this to the NFT 101 page on Vagobond.com https://vagobond.com/nft-101/
Moonlings – Metahero derivitive project by PVFD – https://discord.gg/cXjPutEu4h
Great Projects I’m Not In or Following:
aka projects I missed and am salty about. There are too many – see the whole list at:
Missed in February: Generative Dungeons, Heroes, Mfers , Dented Feels
Tokens & Staking
These are the tokens and crypto/defi projects that NFTs have led me to. Bizarre when you think about it. See the full list at here
These are projects that I wanted to believe in that simply seem like they are dead. I bought into many of these instead of the winning projects above. Take that as a warning. I sincerely hope that they resurrect – but when I put them here, it means that I’ve stopped believing and looking. I hope to someday have a section at the top called ‘Resurrections’ for when projects in the Graveyard manage to rise up again. As time goes on, I have no doubt this will be the biggest section of this newsletter and I will let it keep growing so that those who care to look can understand that the majority of projects fail and investors lose money. Pick wisely, my friends, and good luck!
Newly Buried: See the huge full list at https://vagobond.com/nft-101/nft-project-graveyard/
Daily Features – Just click on the image to read the latest