At the moment, we have visited all the Italian Restaurants in Kailua. Here they are. All of them are good. There will be a few new ones soon…
1. Peppino’s Italian Food-(23 Hoolai St, ph (808)262-5833) My personal favorite. Best Pizza in the Pacific. Low key, tasty, bring your own wine, won’t break any budget.
2. Baci Bistro- (930 Aulike St. ph. 262-7555) Baci is nice, it has a classic sort of old world feel to it. Nice wine list, entrees are tasty in the $15 -$20 range. This was Mink and my first date, so it ranks high with both of us.
3. Assagios-(354 Uluniu St Ste 101 (808) 261-2722) I was surprised to find a bar inside Assagio’s when Mink took me there. Great tableside Ceasar Salad, great service, perfect pasta. Felt good inside, nice ambiance.
4. Buona Sera-(131 Hekili St. ph (808) 263-7696) Great appetizers, reasonable prices, tons of Chianti bottles on the wall. Easy to forget where you are once you are inside. Wonderful Tiramisu!
5. Zia’s -(201 Hamakua Dr Ste A103, ph(808) 262-7168) Zia’s is good. Somehow, I never really am able to forget I am in a strip mall next to a busy road. I think the food is a little overpriced for dinner, but it is a great place to get a nice bowl of pasta for lunch. The best thing about Zia’s is usually my dining companion.