I’m going to tell you now – what you are seeing is confirmation bias. People are seeing what they want to see, just like I saw that the economy would drop twice as hard as it did (so far).
I’m not sure what people are smoking, but it’s definitely some kind of hopium. Unemployment is as bad as during the Great Depression. There is no cure or vaccine for the virus yet. Life as we know it has changed forever.
Still, I have to give people credit for being so adaptable. I hope that I’m wrong and new waves of the virus don’t start murdering new masses of people. But even if we avoid that nightmare – we still have to deal with the fact that tourism and hospitality is on it’s knees and being kicked.
I’m not sure what would happen if the President or VP had the virus, but judging by Britain, as long as they survived it would be no big deal at this point.
As soon as governments allow it, there are going to be mass waves of evictions and foreclosures – not to mention bankruptcies by the basketful.
Maybe the USA will pull out of this tailspin, maybe the insanely resurgent economy will save us all – but I doubt it. I’ve been wrong before – and maybe I’ll be wrong on this. Still – it doesn’t feel like I’m wrong (but it wouldn’t would it? All the ‘plandemic’ nuts feel sure they are right and you probably feel like you are right too, regardless of your position on things).
Here’s what I see coming –
- economy re-opens in May and June and people can’t help but start behaving as if the pandemic has been beaten – people can’t resist the summer travel season – everything feels like a comeback
- waves of evictions and foreclosures in July begin – also people start wondering why their jobs haven’t come back and the prices of groceries are 4x what they were in January
- August schools re-open – pandemic resurges bigger than before
- stock markets and equities finally catch up with the real economic data and crash hard
- bitcoin, gold, and silver all spike to levels that seem stupid to consider at the moment
- Trump will try to postpone the election (if he survives getting virus which he either already has or will get soon)
- Biden will hum-deedle-dee and haa-doodle-doo through the most muddled election in U.S. history
- And a lot more bizarre shit too.