Use the contact form below to let me know what you are looking for.
1) Turkish Village Tours – Take part in Turkish village life for a day or two and live with a Turkish family. Whether you decide to go for grape harvesting in September, picking olives in October and November, or planting in the Spring, there is always something interesting and wonderful happening when it comes to Turkish village life. Turkish hospitality is world renowned and you will know why when you stay in the home of a traditional Turkish family. You will eat, learn to cook, meet the locals, and take part in whatever is happening whether it is harvest, camel wrestling, a wedding or just enjoying the local kehvalhane with the guys. You can also easily add in trips to Cappadocia, Ephesus, Pammukale, Gallipoli, Izmir, and Istanbul. Custom village tours can go anywhere from two to ten days, it’s up to you.
2) Classical tours of Turkey – These can be anywhere from three to twelve days and can include such highlights as Istanbul, Bursa, Ephesus, Selcuk, Bodrum, Dalyan, Kas, Konya, Pammukale, Aykyaka, Fetiye,Gallipoli and Cappadocia. It’s up to you where you want to go and for how long. These tours include transfers, flights within Turkey, tours, entertainment, guides, and some meals. Email me the details of what you want to see, how long, and any special activities that you want included (like a sunrise hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia or an evening of traditional dance and feasting)
Sample Itinerary #1 – 7 Day Western Turkey Itinerary
Sample Itinerary #2 – 3 Day Western Turkey Itinerary
3) Day Tours in Istanbul – Istanbul is the queen of all cities and no matter how much time you spend there, chances are you can’t see everything. In my time there, I met some of the greatest guides the city has produced. These guys can not only show you the highlights, but also arrange for such things as chartering a private boat on the Bosphorus, taking a private dinner cruise or enjoying personal walking tours through some of the city’s lesserknown wonders.
Sample Itinerary #1 – Ottoman and Byzantium
Sample Itinerary #2 – Bosphorus Cruises
4) Day Trips from Istanbul – Istanbul is a wonderland, but if you want to get out of the city while you are there and see some of the surrounding areas, you won’t be disappointed. Day trips can easily be arranged with private transport and great guides to places like the Black Sea, the Princes’ Islands, the border tow of Edirne which is unique culturally as it is part Turkish, part Bulgarian, and part Greek, or even across the Marmara Sea to incredible Bursa, the first capital of the Ottoman Empire.
5) Off the Beaten Path – Whether you want to experience exotic Eastern Turkey and places such as Nemrut Dag,Van, Dogbayzit, Agri, Kars, Ani, and Artvin or explore the Black Sea Coast in places like Samson, Amasya, Sinop and Trabzon – I can recommend the right guides or tours for you to go on. These tours are not for those who want something ordinary to write home about.
6) Gulet Cruises -Can you imagine much better than having a private yacht and captain as you sail around the islands of the Turkish Riviera? I can’t. Let me know if you want to see the best of Fethiye, Kekova, Kas, Olympos and Antalya and I’ll put you in touch with the right vessels. Trust me, you don’t want the wrong vessels.
South East Turkey– Exploring southeast Turkey is like stepping back in time a thousand years. The cities of Mersin, Adana, Gaziantep, Sanliurfa, and Hatay are not European cities in any sense of the word. Travel here can be difficult but I can make sure you are in the right hands.
The Sahara Desert in Morocco – whether you want to have a wedding (like we did!), join a multi day camel caravan across the burning sands, or burn rubber in the Sahara with awesome 4×4 trips. I definitley know the right people to connect you with in the Sahara.
Fes – the city of Fes has the largest car free urban area in the world. The old Medina is so vast that even people who have spent their lives there get lost in it! This is the best preserve medeival Islamic city in the world and it is filled with amazing sights, awesome cooking courses, places you can learn Arabic or French, and not to mention some amazing day trips such as to Azrou where you can see Barbaray Apes playing in cedars or Ifrane where you can snow ski and stay in a chateau. Contact me if you plan to come to Fes, this is part of my home turf and I can help you enjoy the hell out of it.
All Islands – No matter what island you are going to, I know people that can make your experience there one of the peak joys of your life. As a kayak guide on Kauai, a rainforest guide on Oahu, a wave lover and a frequent visitor to the other islands, I can get you in touch with the right people and places. This is where many of my friends and family are and eventually, I will go home. In the meantime, I’d love to share my home with you from afar.
Through my travels I’ve come in contact with some of the coolest tour operators on the planet. These are the people who take travel to the level that most tour companies completely miss.
What makes these tour operators unique is the connection they have to the local people, local landscape and the local cultures they interact with. When you take a truly great tour, you go away with a part of it with you forever. These tours can be truly life changing. With that being said, it’s always a great idea to get travel insurance before any adventure. Finding cheap holiday insurance online has never been easier, so don’t skip this essential step.
If you want to have a travel experience that goes beyond the ordinary, get in touch with me and I will use my contacts and resources to get you the absolute best tour you can take. As I travel, my list of tour contacts grows but for the moment I’m very happy to offer you the following tours.
I’ve included some sample itineraries, but feel free to design your own and I will find the person who can make it happen.
These are private tours with some of the best guides in the world. These are not the kind of tours where you get on a bus with a bunch of strangers and hear a scripted shpiel that you could read from a guidebook.
Since truly great tours are almost always one of a kind, it’s nearly impossible to put a one price fits all on them without falling into mediocrity. If you are interested in one of the tours below, use the contact form at the bottom of the page to let me know the following details:
2. When do you want to take the tour? When will you arrive?
3. How long do you want the tour to be?
4. How many people will be with you?
5. Which tour are you interested in?
6. Which things on the tour are the most important to you?
If you are looking for tours in any part of the world or just want some free travel advice, feel free to contact me. It’s my joy to help you experience the best of travel. No strings attached.