My trip to the Balkans was a last minute decision and since I had to fly back to Morocco, then back to Istanbul and then onward to South Korea – it was more rushed than I would have preferred. Still, my time in the Balkans taught me a lot and despite the somewhat negative experiences I had in Serbia – I look forward to going back and exploring this fascinating and beautiful part of the world – especially the countries along the Adriatic on the other side from Italy that I didn’t have time to enjoy.
I hope you enjoy my adventures in Bulgaria and Macedonia
As usual, there are more stories that I haven’t had the time to write than those that I have and someday I will hopefully be adding those stories here…not to mention a whole bunch of new ones. Enjoy these few photos.
After writing a Vagobond Travel Museum about finding love and marriage in Morocco and our journey to marriage and family, I heard from a lot of readers who have been on or are on similar adventures as they head towards international marriage or love. It reminded me that a few years ago, I did a series of interviews with couples who had found international love and marriage. I now present them here for your enjoyment.
International Marriage – the Questions - Tell us about your marriage. I’d love to profile more international marriages and partnerships – this post has the questions. Tell us about your love with someone from a different nationality.
And once again, if you’d like to tell us about your international marriage…please answer these International Marriage – the Questions and send your answers using the form below.
1) Your name (optional if you prefer to use a pseudonym it’s okay)
2) Your blog or website(again- optional)
3) Your nationality
4) Spouses nationality
5) Where do you live now? Do you live with your spouse?
6) Amount of time married
7) Are you still married?
8) How did you meet?
9) What was the biggest impediment to getting married?
10) Where did you get married?
11) What was your marriage ceremony like?
12) How is the relationship with your in-laws?
13) What about your spouses with your family?
14) What was your biggest cultural misunderstanding?
15) Can you tell a funny story about a cultural mishap?
16) Have you traveled with your spouse?
17) If so, has it been challenging? Why?
18) If not, why not?
19) Do you have children? If so, what is that like, internationally speaking.
20) If you don’t have children, why not? Do you plan to?
21) What is the best and the worst thing about international marriage?
Two of the great joys of life are travel and wine so this week’s Vagobond Travel Museum is focused on the place where the two of them merge together. Wine Travel. Traveling and drinking wine. Wine and Vineyard travel and tours. Here is what we’ve shared with readers over the past couple of years.