Around The World Through a Photographer’s Lens: The Philippines
Words and Photos by Dave Stamboulis
Around the World Through a Photographer’s Lens is a weekly feature from Award Wiinning travel photographer and writer, Dave Stamboulis. Every Monday afternoon you can find Dave’s work here at Vagobond. See the world through a photographer’s lens.
The Philippines is known for its colorful festivals, beautiful beaches, and stunning rice terraces.
1) Fire eater at the Black Nazarene Festival in Manila
2) Costumed girls at Sinulog, the country’s biggest festival, in Cebu
3) Smiles and colors are all the rage at the Ati Atihan festival in Kalibo
4) Beautiful empty beaches are the norm in Palawan
5) Pristine Snake Island in Palawan
6) The Subterranean River is Palawan’s most colorful attraction
7) The rice terraces of Batad in the Banaue region of the northern Philippines are some of the best in the world
8) Sky reflections in the rice terraces
9) A fisherman and his nets on Malapascua Island
10) Sunset over Manila Bay